Christian Romance Author Liz Isaacson: #Blurb2Book Announcement Today!

Monday, April 13, 2015

#Blurb2Book Announcement Today!

Okay, so I'd decided to stop entering contests like Pitch Madness and Pitch Wars and Pitch Slam. I didn't do very well in those arenas, and I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with my book/pitch. I've recently started querying, and I've gotten a 40% request rate so far. So I think I was right in thinking that my romance wasn't the right genre for the agents participating in those pitching events. 

But Harlequin's Love Inspired line was doing a contest called From Blurb to Book. Harlequin is a publisher that publishes romance -- they're exactly who I want reading and considering my book. So I entered. 

The announcement for those who made it into the second round are today. I entered for the Love Inspired line (there's also Historical and Suspense), and I'll find out today at 3 PM Eastern time if I made it into the second round.

I'm excited about it, but I'm also realistic. I know that lots of people entered (326, in fact!), and my submission might not have stood out. I know rejection is part of the publishing game. I still have my fingers crossed!

How have you fared during contests? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liz's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget