Christian Romance Author Liz Isaacson: Words About Waiting

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Words About Waiting

Ah, waiting. Why must you be so hard? I think I'm a fairly patient person. I can put something on the calendar and let it go. Sure, I might think about it from time to time, but it doesn't interrupt my sleep patterns or anything.

As I've been querying, though, I've become more and more impatient. Especially when I think things should move just a bit faster than they currently are. I find myself getting a little frustrated that I haven't received a certain email, or whatever.

So this past week, I pulled back a little bit. I reminded myself that this is not the first time I've submitted my work, and things will happen when they need to happen.

So I closed down the gmail tab (gasp!) and went back to the other duties and projects I need to get done. It is somewhat freeing. I don't find myself centered around the computer, constantly wishing the email will show up.

So yes, waiting is one of the hardest things we have to learn to do as humans. I'm not sure it's ever going to get any easier. But I'm hoping that I'm getting better at filling the time while I wait. I take care of the house, the family, my job. I'm writing a new project and submitting another.

What do you do to fill the hours while you wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liz's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget