Christian Romance Author Liz Isaacson: Getting the Writing Done

Monday, January 26, 2015

Getting the Writing Done

So as someone who has a full-time job outside the home, finding time to write has been a challenge. I find myself not wanting to get started unless I have a large chunk of time to devote, but that almost never happens.

I also find myself doing "mindless" things as I gear up to write. Things like researching literary agents or publishers, reading Facebook, visiting blogs, or watching those funny YouTube videos my daughter shows me. You know the ones I'm talking about. :)

Anyway, I can waste a good 30 minutes doing all that, and then the hour I had for writing is halved. I need to be better about that, but sometimes I need that half hour to decompress before I can think about my book.

I've learned that I get the most done at the very end of the day, after everyone else has gone to bed and all the dishes are done. I feel decompressed enough from work, and I'm finally ready to work. It's hard to stay up too late, though, but I'm committed to writing as often as possible.

I know I won't be able to write every day, but I'm okay with that. I've been writing for long enough to know that there are seasons to it.

So there you have it. I'm trying to get the writing done, along with everything else. It's a work-in-progress, but I'm okay with that.

How do you get the writing done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liz's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget